Please access Dr. Edward's Weekly Message for 2-19 to 2-23 here: Dr. Edward's Weekly Message 2-19 to...
We hope our Safety and Security campaign has lit a fire under you to start preparing for emergencies!
The month of October is Fire Safety month. All of our schools started the year off with a fire drill, and will continue to conduct monthly fire drills throughout the year.
As part of this month, we’d like to remind you of a few factors you can do to prepare yourself for a fire:
- Locate your building’s fire extinguishers. Learn how to use a fire extinguisher.
- Remember general emergency evacuation procedures:
- Evacuate immediately at the closest exit.
- Close all windows and doors to slow the spread of fire.
- If you encounter smoke, drop down to the floor and stay low until you reach the exit.
- Always use the stairs, and never use the elevator, as you could lose power, trapping you on your floor.
- Meet at your designated assembly area, which should be at least 50 feet from the building.
- Read up on the I Love U Guys “Evacuate” protocol to learn how you or your student can prepare for a school evacuation.
- Build your at-home emergency go-bag, purchase a Fire Safety Kit, or use the linked kit as an example to build your own.
Stay safe, and message us if you have any questions or suggestions on fire safety!
Keep an eye out throughout November for a video from our local Fire Department on fire protection, emergency response, and your part in keeping Provo safe.
Original article published on the Provo City School District website