Get the support you need. There’s hope on the other side of the screen. DOWNLOAD THE APP | CALL 833-3SAFEUT(833.372.3388) | SAFEUT.ORG Being bullied hurts. But if you or someone you know is being...
The safety and security of our students, faculty/staff, and building are a top priority. I am grateful to our Safety Committee who come together regularly to discuss ways we can continually enhance school-wide safety. The intention of this correspondence is to provide you with an update in regards to implementing a secure vestibule with a visitor management system.
A secure vestibule is a secured space between two sets of doors, which serves as a check-in area. Once a visitor has checked-in and been identified as an authorized visitor, the doors from the vestibule area to the school are unlocked. This added layer of security will increase and strengthen school safety.
Provo City School District and Canyon Crest Elementary School plan to implement a secure vestibule procedure (also referred to as a visitor management system). This procedure will require visitors, including parents/guardians, to check-in at an electronic kiosk upon arrival. All visitors will need to follow these steps:
- Bring a government-issued ID. (If a visitor forgets to bring a government-issued ID, the visitor can press the call button near the kiosk to speak directly to a secretary for assistance.)
- The visitor should report directly to the visitor management kiosk in the secure vestibule area.
- Select English or Spanish by clicking the language option at the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- Scan government-issued ID barcode. The first time using the system, the kiosk will take a photo of the visitor to use as a visitor badge. After taking the photo, the visitor will be prompted to the next step.
- Then, the visitor should select the reason for visiting or identify the destination within the school. When the system confirms your visitor status, a visitor badge will print in the main office. Visitors must wear a badge at all times while on school grounds.
- Once the visitor has completed these steps, the visitor will need to press the call button located near the kiosk. The secretary will then open the door and the visitor may proceed to pick up the visitor badge from the main office. The visitor badge will include the visitor’s name, photo, date, time of entry, and destination within the school. The visitor management system will not use visitor information for any other purpose other than school safety reasons.
- When the visitor is finished, the visitor should return to the main office to hand in the visitor badge to the secretary. The visitor should then directly go to the kiosk in the secure vestibule to check-out by re-scanning the government-issued ID.
The visitor management system materials (e.g., kiosk) have been ordered. At this time, we are waiting for the delivery. Because this system and procedure are new, we ask that you be patient with us as we learn the process and work out any complications.
- Visitor Management Kiosk Instructional Video (English)
- Visitor Management Kiosk Instructional Video (Spanish)
Please Note: Currently, we are waiting for the visitor management kiosk to arrive. In the meantime, our Safety Committee has determined to keep the set of doors at the main entrance leading into the school building locked at all times. This will start on Thursday, August 25. If a visitor comes to the school, the visitor must press the call button in the secure vestibule area and wait for someone from the main office to answer and unlock the doors.
We thank you in advance for your understanding and support as we implement practices that will elevate school safety for students and faculty/staff. Please let our administrative assistant, Tiffany McCloud, know if you have any questions (firstname.lastname@example.org).