Skip to main menu Skip to main content
Provo City School District Logo

Provo City School District

Canyon Crest Elementary School

After much consideration the district has made the difficult decision to cancel all sessions of the 2023 Camp Big Springs scheduled for this June.

This winter produced an unprecedented amount of snow that has impacted structures at the Camp Big Springs site and our storage facility with all of our equipment. Additionally, there are three-plus feet of snow on the access road and at the site. The structural damages and the amount of snow still at the site will not allow us to make all needed repairs to run camp safely. Due to the uniqueness of the site, the time and resources to rebuild the structures and the uncertainty of the snow melt are determining factors to cancel this year’s Camp Big Springs. Unfortunately, we will not be able to postpone or reschedule camp for this year.   While this is not the outcome we were anticipating or hoping for, we appreciate your patience and understanding. We will be providing refunds, which parents should expect to see in June.  If you have any questions, please use this link below to complete a question form and we will respond as quickly as possible.

Click here to submit questions

Director of Communications Caleb Price

This article was originally posted to the Provo City School District website at


Canyon Crest Parents/Guardians, Please note the following weekly announcements.    SCHOOL SPELLING BEE: The school spelling bee will be this Friday, February 23rd starting at 9:00am. ...

Our fourth graders had a food-filled STEM lesson when they constructed towers out of spaghetti and marshmallows on Friday.  This engineering lesson required that students use unusual materials,...

Mrs. Christopherson took these wonderful pictures of her students dressed as 100 year olds on the 100th day of school.  The day was full of fun and joy. La Sra. Christopherson tomó estas...