Last modified: March 25, 2020
Welcome to the Canyon Crest Library!
“Books can give you roots and wings. To take you places unseen. To ponder and to dream.”
- Quietly line up when you come in.
- Place your books upside down on the small counter.
- No talking in the Cub Den.
- Raise your hand if you have a question or comment.
- No Food or Drinks.
- No running or messing around.
- Listen to and follow Mrs. Naylor’s instructions.
- Treat the books with care. Keep them in a safe place away from food, drinks and pets.
- Return library books on time.
- After you have checked out books, sit quietly and read, do a worksheet or a center.
- Enjoy the Library!
The library is open from 8:30-3:45 Monday through Thursday.
- MONDAY: Nelson, McLeod AM, Heldenbrand, Green, Westbrook, Stone, Ravert
- TUESDAY: Coral, Silver, Orange, Red, Purple, Pink
- WEDNESDAY: White, Wood, Blue, Yellow, Turquoise
- THURSDAY: Gold, McLeod PM, Butterfield
Library Book Check Out Policies
- Check out is for 2 weeks at a time.
- Students may renew their books if needed.
- There are no fines for overdue books.
- Students will not be allowed to check out a new book if they currently have an overdue book.
- If a book is lost or damaged, it will need to be paid for, before a student is allowed to check out a new book.
- Young Adult, (YA), books require a permission form signed by a parent or guardian.
- YA Permission Forms are only available for 5th and 6th graders.
Number of books students may check out per grade level.
- Kindergarten – 1 book
- 1st Grade – 1 book
- 2nd Grade – 2 books
- 3rd Grade – 3 books
- 4th Grade – 4 books
- 5th Grade – 5 books
- 6th Grade – 6 books
Young Adult Permission Form
Only 5th and 6th grade students (that are mature readers) are allowed to check out Young Adult books. Because some of the books may contain swear words, suggestive material, situations dealing with depression, anxiety, bullying, suicide or bloody/violent scenes, we need your permission to loan this book to your student.