Get the support you need. There’s hope on the other side of the screen. DOWNLOAD THE APP | CALL 833-3SAFEUT(833.372.3388) | SAFEUT.ORG Being bullied hurts. But if you or someone you know is being...
Canyon Crest Parents/Guardians,
As the leaves change colors and the temperatures cool, I am reminded that we are now in the full-swing of school! I enjoy walking around the halls, peaking into classrooms, and seeing the engaged learning happening across our school.
Every year, we work with teachers and parents to establish our School Improvement Plan Goals for the school year. We want to share our goals with you:
- Literacy: By May 2024, at least 85% of students will score benchmark or above according to the Acadience end-of-year reading assessment.
- Math: By May 2024, at least 85% of students will score on-level or above according to the Into Math Growth Measure Assessment.
- Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports: By Math 2024, at least 90% of students can show understanding of what ROAR (Respect, Ownership, Attitude, Responsibility) stands for and what ROAR behavior looks-like at school.
We appreciate you partnering with us to support learning in the home. We know when there is a school and home connection to learning, opportunities for success increase.
This month, we hope you (and your children) are looking forward to the following:
- October 9-13: Kindness Week
- October 10: PTA Meeting (11:00am)
- October 12: Hearing Screenings
- October 13: Culture Day Event (Parent Open House from 12:45pm – 1:50pm)
- October 16-18: Red Ribbon Week
- October 19-24: Fall Break
- October 25-27: Student Educator Parent (SEP) Conferences (additional details forthcoming)
- October 31: Halloween Parade and Class Celebrations
Stay warm out there! 🙂
All the best,
Dr. Sean Edwards Principal