Last modified: March 1, 2019
- Who: 1st-6th Grades
- When: Wednesday
- Time: 3:40-4:40
- Where: Room #20
- Cost: $80/semester (Jan-Apr) Monthly payment plans are available-4 monthly payments of $20/month.
- Class Starts: Jan. 16
- Class Ends:
Our STEM Science class is a fun, engaging, hands-on class. Students learn about a principle or concept and then apply it by doing a hands-on project. ‘Scientists’ record their work in their science journals by describing the experiment, forming a hypothesis, and recording their observations. Some of the topics they have explored in past classes include:
- Science: Studying life on the International Space Station, studying bones (including decomposing bones), making volcanoes, slime and elephant toothpaste.
- Technology: Making stop-motion video, learning coding, exploring with Google Glasses and Makey Makey
- Engineering: Making marble mazes, bottle rockets and catapults
- Math: Giant Blokus game and making an abacus and learning how to use it.