Get the support you need. There’s hope on the other side of the screen. DOWNLOAD THE APP | CALL 833-3SAFEUT(833.372.3388) | SAFEUT.ORG Being bullied hurts. But if you or someone you know is being...
Canyon Crest Parents/Guardians,
Please note the following announcements.
1. New Security Fencing for the School
To ensure student and staff safety, Provo School District has installed permanent, locked security fencing that will access the back playground and field areas at Canyon Crest. This area will remain locked 7 days a week. Authorized exceptions will be made through the school or school district. This may involve an adjustment for some families, but we are very excited to finally have our perimeters more secure and to make our school a safer place. This follows the pattern for all schools in the district. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
2. RISE Testing
We want to celebrate the learning that has taken place this year. Our students have been making great strides. We will be showing off all of that learning in the next few weeks with RISE Testing. RISE testing has begun. Students 3 – 6 grade will test Tuesday through Friday from April 11th until May 12th. We ask that you make sure your student(s) gets a good night’s sleep and a good breakfast. Testing will be every morning from 9am until 11am. Please make sure your students are on time and ready to test. We also ask that you try not to check your students out during testing.
The schedule for this week is below.
- April 24 – April 28 – 4th – 6th Science Testing
- May 1 – May 5 – 3rd – 6th Math Testing Tuesday / 3rd – 6th LA Testing Wednesday & Thursday
3. Kindergarten Registration Still Going On
School Registration for Kindergarten/New students to Provo City School District is a
Three Step Process:
You may now do online registration if your child will be Kindergarten age (5 years old on or before September 1). Please let your friends and neighbors know we are now accepting all kindergarten age students even if they are out of boundaries. Please see the following Kindergarten Registration steps:
- Pre-Register: Submit Basic InformationThe School Registrar will create a PowerSchool Account and send you an email with registration information.
- Login to Powerschool by using the information sent to you in the email from the registrar.After you login, click the Registration Icon identified in the divider bar at the top of the screen or on the left of the screen at the top
- Complete registration by following the instructions on each registration screen. Make sure to save the form at the bottom of each page. Upload Documents- you can now upload your docs or bring them into the office
Here is the link for pre-registration. Click on new student registration and pick a language. Fill out the form and hit submit. If you have any questions please contact the school.
Pre-Registration Link – https://forms.provo.edu/preregister.html
Open enrollment application link – https://provoedu.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_55zQ0HFbI3XNc2O
Please contact Tiffany McCloud if you have any questions ( firstname.lastname@example.org) or call the main office: (801) 221-9873.
We look forward to welcoming your Kindergarten child to Canyon Crest!
4. Color Run April 28th
Canyon Crest Color Run is coming up on Friday April 28, 2023 from 5pm to 7pm. See the attached flyer for more information.
Registration is open NOW! Click on the link to pre-register for the Color Run
REGISTRATION: Pre-register @ http://ptacanyoncrest.wixsite.com/colorrun
PRICE: $15 for each Canyon Crest student
$20 for each non Canyon Crest student
● 6:00 pm-6:15 pm: Kiddie run; all students in Kindergarten or younger and those with special needs will race at this time. ● Food Trucks will be available until 7:00pm. ● Each runner will get a swag bag full of goodies while supplies last. ● One color packet will be given at check-in to each runner. Additional color packets will be available for purchase at a separate booth. ● Runners will still be able to register at check-in on the day of the Color Run for $15 per Canyon Crest student and $20 per non Canyon Crest student.
5. El Día de los niños May 5th
On Friday, May 5th we will be celebrating El día de los niños with a barbeque for lunch. The event starts at 11:30 am. Please see the attached schedule for lunch on that day. Kindergarten will not be here that week due to end of year testing. Kinder is more than welcome to come and participate; they will just not have a lunch time. They can however go during a sibling’s lunch time to buy a lunch. We will be serving hamburgers, chicken patty or chalupa, chips, carrot sticks, fresh fruit, cookie and milk.If you would like to join your child for lunch, the cost is $4 for anyone not enrolled at Canyon Crest, including preschool children. There is a $2 cost for all students currently enrolled at Canyon Crest. We are asking that you send the money you will need when you return this form. All money will be deposited to your student’s lunch account then used as you come through the lunch line. If you are not able to prepay, please bring the exact change or check as we have very limited amounts of change available. If you bring extra money and we do not have change, we will put it on your students account. We are not set up to accept debit/credit cards. We hope to see you there!
CLICK HERE TO SEE FLYER FOR EL DIA DE LOS NIÑOS
To help us know how much food to order please return this portion by Friday, April 28th with the number of people in your family that will be eating school lunch. Please fill out one paper per family.
Number of people eating school lunch:
Adults_____________________________________x $4.00 =____________
Children enrolled at Canyon Crest______________ x $2.00 =____________
Children NOT enrolled at Canyon Crest__________x $4.00 =____________
TOTAL NUMBER OF PEOPLE: ________ TOTAL $___________
6. Summer Lunch Program
See attached flyers for more information and places to get lunch this summer.
TO VIEW SUMMER SUN FOOD AND FUN FLYER, CLICK HERE
TO VIEW SUMMER MENU FLIPSIDE, CLICK HERE