We are looking for a new health clerk. The health clerk works in our main office helping students who may become ill or injured at school. They also help students with chronic diseases like diabetes,...
Due to the growing concerns about the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus), Provo City School District wants to assure you that the safety of students is our top priority. We remain in daily communication with the Utah County Health Department and are prepared to respond to arising concerns.
Based on the information we are receiving from the experts, along with the Utah County Health Department, our response to COVID-19 may include:
- Direct communication from the Utah County Health Department to parents
- Alternatives to face-to-face lessons
- Temporary cancellation of extracurricular activities, field trips and large events
- Temporary cancellation of individual schools
- As always, are ensuring industry standards, regarding cleaning practices in our schools.
As of today, there are no confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Utah County. There are also no current restrictions on public gatherings, including our public schools.
According to the Center for Disease Control, the symptoms of COVID-19 are similar to those related to the seasonal illnesses we see in our community this time of year. Symptoms include fever, cough, and shortness of breath. While these symptoms should not be cause for alarm, we encourage families to keep sick students home, and closely monitor their student’s health.
As a reminder, the best way to prevent the spread of illness is to teach and practice good hygiene and wellness – including frequent and thorough hand washing.
At Provo City School District, we value transparency. In efforts to keep you informed, we’ve included a list of our ongoing plans to ensure safety and some peace of mind:
- Communication and coordination with the Utah County Health Department on a daily basis
- Ensuring ways to continue education, including preparing online options
- Exploring ways to continue essential meal programs
- Finding alternatives for vital medical and social services provided for students
Should you have questions or concerns, several resources are available for you:
The state has opened a new hotline for public questions regarding COVID-19. Utah Coronavirus Information Line: 800-456-7707
CDC Factsheet: What you need to know about coronavirus disease 2019
CDC Website: What to do if you are sick with coronavirus 2019
CDC Factsheet: Stop the spread of germs – help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses like COVID-19
Utah Department of Health